The Friends of Evelyn Meador depend largely on membership dues, book sales and financial donations. Here are a couple of convenient options to consider:
Kroger Community Rewards Program – if you’re not already linked to an organization, please consider taking part in this program. Kroger will contribute to participating organizations based on their percentage of spending as it relates to the total spending of all participating Kroger Community Reward organizations. Here’s how to set it up:
- Go to kroger.com/signin?redirectUrl=/account/communityrewards/enroll
- Sign in with your Kroger account information or create a new account. A digital account is required to activate this feature.
- Find your Organization – search for “FRIENDS OF THE EVELYN MEADOR LIBRARY # 80603”
- Select and enroll. It’s that simple! Your enrollment in Community Rewards needs to be renewed each year.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count towards rewards until after you have registered your Kroger Plus card and linked it to the Friends.
Amazon Smiles – register with Amazon Smile and every time you make an eligible purchase, Amazon will donate 0.5% to the Friends of Evelyn Meador Library! It’s easy to sign up, doesn’t cost you anything, and will directly benefit our organization. Here’s how to set it up:
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Sign in using your existing Amazon account or register for an account.
- Under “Pick your own charitable organization” search for “Friends of the Evelyn M Meador Community Library”.
- Click “Select” and you’re done! You should get an email confirming your Amazon Smile registration.
Thank you for your support!
Did you know that the Friends Bookstore is entirely run by volunteers? Get involved and help support your local library! For information on volunteer opportunities, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Carmen Bredeson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also list valuable books on Amazon as part of our fundraising efforts. To volunteer to help with Amazon online sales, contact Kathy Viscariello at 832-755-1125 or by email at email@example.com.
BRING US YOUR GENTLY USED BOOKS!
If you have books you would like to donate, bring them by! We accept all gently used books (no magazines, cassettes or VHS tapes, please). The bookstore is typically open when the library is open (if volunteers are available to staff it). All money raised by the Friends Bookstore, along with Amazon online sales, support our wonderful Seabrook library. Donations can be brought to the bookstore during normal operating hours.